The demand for Bitcoin is rising each day as it used in different transactions daily, these following methods are ways one can easily purchase Bitcoin
- LUNO: Luno is a Bitcoin company in London with operations in Indonesia, Malaysia, South Africa, Singapore, UK and 35 other European countries.
Luno facilitates Bitcoin storage and transactions such as buying, selling and paying through their Bitcoin wallet services. They are pro-regulated, Luno also buys and sells Ethereum, and they also accept Fiat currency and also pays directly into your bank account in your local currency within an hour.
Advantages of using Luno to buy Bitcoin
- Easy signup: it is very easy to sign up as only an email address and password would be needed at first
- Fast and easy purchase and sell of Bitcoin: The purchase of Bitcoin on Luno is very fast as it takes less than 10 seconds to buy Bitcoin and it take less than an hour to get it processed directly to your bank account
- High Efficiency: the Luno platform is user friendly and highly efficient
- Highly secured: The Luno platform is highly secured as proper verifications are made before one has proper access to their services also emails are sent to the registered individual per transaction made.
- Buy and Sell at current market price: One wouldn’t have the issue of increased price as Luno buys and sells at current market price.
- DIVERSIFICATION: Luno buys and sell the three major cryptocurrencies which is Bitcoin(BTC), Ethereum(ETH) and Bitcoin cash(BCH)
Disadvantages of using luno to buy Bitcoin
- High transaction Fees: Transaction fee depends and on the payment method you use which also depends on your country.
- Bitcoin Send and Receive Fees on Luno
- A nominal transaction fee is levied by Luno to send and receive Bitcoin, this fee includes the Bitcoin transaction fee.
- Withdrawal Fees on Luno: When you withdraw money from your Luno account to your bank account, a small administrative fee is charged for processing this payment independent of the withdrawal amount. The fee is as listed in the table below:
|BCH||Bitcoin Cash||BCH 0.00|
|EUR||SEPA Transfer||EUR 0.30|
|IDR||Bank Transfer||IDR 6,500.00|
|MYR||Interbank GIRO / IBFT||MYR 0.10|
|NGN||Bank Transfer||NGN 200.00|
- Deposit Fees on Luno: Luno does not charge you for deposit. Any extra charge you might incur on deposit is that charged by the third-party payment processor. These fees are as in the table below.
|NGN||Debit or Credit card via PayU||1.50% (max NGN 2,000)|
|MYR||Interbank GIRO / IBFT||Free|
|ZAR||Cash Deposit Penalty||ZAR 20.00 + 5.00%|
|IDR||Doku Wallet via Doku||0.00%|
|IDR||Alfamart via Doku||0.00%|
|IDR||ATM Transfer via Doku||0.00%|
Well, if you’re comfortable with the advantages over the disadvantages then this should be the best option.
Download My Dirty Little Bitcoin Secrets ebook
- PAXFUL: Paxful is a Peer to Peer Bitcoin marketplace connecting buyers with sellers. Simply select your preferred payment method and type in how many Bitcoins you need. Paxful doesn’t charge buyers for purchasing Bitcoin from their site, it only charges sellers 1% of the equal amount of Bitcoin they wish to sell.
ADVANTAGES OF PAXFUL
- Paxful allows people to trade in Bitcoin, by connecting buyers and sellers on their platform. They are not an exchange who store crypto-assets but rather they provide an exchange platform.
- The interface is user-friendly in nature and welcoming for beginners. Anyone who wants to buy crypto-assets using digital payments, can easily make the purchase. You do not need to spend time going around the website and learning about its functioning.
- Paxful is available worldwide without much problems or compliance issues. Paxful is only banned in the state of New York, but is available in many countries including USA, India, Russia, Nigeria etc.
- Users have the option to activate 2FA (two factor authentication) on their devices to add an extra layer of security. You can also verify your mobile numbers and email ID if you want to.
Disadvantages of PAXFUL
- Paxful charges 1% fees from sellers. This prompts them to raise the fees of overall trade in order to bear the cut! Since only sellers are charged, so it is natural that the price of Bitcoin will always be higher than other exchanges.
- Paxful can be dangerous because of anonymity involved and in-person trades. You never know the kind of person sitting on the other side of the screen, selling you Bitcoins in your hometown is trustworthy or not. Paxful does not ‘guarantee’ that all their users are trustworthy, especially in the deals that happen outside the website. That is why users need to be careful while making in-person cash payments. The online forums and reviews are full of information about scams and accusations against Paxful.
- Paxful does not provide any other cryptocurrency apart from Bitcoin. If the users are looking to diversify their cryptocurrency portfolio, they should look elsewhere. Because on Paxful they will find only Bitcoin.
- Paxful is not praised on many online forums and platforms. In many discussion panels, users have accused Paxful of being a fraud or scam, because they lost their money/crypto-assets on it. Such reviews usually demotivate other users from making a trade on the website.
- LocalBitcoins: Like paxful, LocalBitcoins is a P2P Bitcoin exchange. Buyers and sellers agree on trade terms, and LocalBitcoins is used as escrow.
ADVANTAGES OF LOCALBITCOINS
- LocalBitcoins is available to all countries as people can access it in local areas.
- It has several deposit/transfer options.
- Quick transfers.
- It offers online trades.
DISADVANTAGES OF LOCALBITCOINS
- Unlike dedicated money transfer platforms, you need to handle all transfer details yourself.
- Exchange rates can vary wildly.
- In-person trades can be cumbersome.
- No phone support.
- Available only as a website.
- Coinbase: Coinbase is available to users in over 30 countries as of 2017, is the world’s largest Bitcoin broker. Customers can buy Bitcoin with a connected bank account, SEPA transfer, Interac Online, and many more payment methods.
ADVANTAGES OF COINBASE
- High liquidity and buying limits.
- Easy way for new users to buy Bitcoin.
- Instant buy available with credit card as backup.
DISADVANTAGES OF COINBASE
- Limited payment methods.
- May track how its users spend Bitcoin.
- Coinmama: Coinmama is a bitcoin broker based in Israel. They specialize in selling bitcoins for credit card to nearly anyone in the world.
ADVANTAGES OF COINMAMA
- High limits for buying bitcoins with a credit/debit card.
- Fast and responsive customer service.
- High level security.
DISADVANTAGES OF COINMAMA
- High fees for buying with a credit/debit card (6% of the amount to purchase).
- Service unavailable in many countries.
- Available only as a website.
*Note: Kindly choose a good exchange after this review, this is not a financial advice, we only give our views on specific matters.