Affiliate marketing is one of the best work from home jobs in the world. You can become an affiliate marketer at the comfort of your own home. it is easy and free to start, and you don’t need too much knowledge to dive into it.
Let me tell you a little secret: affiliate marketing is the easiest way to get paid for doing almost nothing. Yes, you don’t have to do too much work but some things have to be properly put in place first before you can enjoy your affiliate money.
There are many people who engage in this online business and ate enjoying different benefits from it. A lot of cool benefits are in Agility’s marketing which includes:
1. Money: When you engage in affiliate programs, you earn a huge income from just selling other people’s products. Yes, you don’t need to.have your own products before you become a businessman. In affiliate marketing, you get paid by individuals, companies or firms to sell their products.
2. Knowledge: An affiliate marketer gains knowledge of blogging, social marketing, email marketing and lots more. This is because you want to learn more so you tend to find other me and of promoting and making sales.
3. Get connected: Since affiliate marketing is about contacting people and making them but what you are promoting to them, you can also get connected to them and meet new people.
Affiliate marketing has so many benefits but those are just some of the most important ones listed for you.
Let us take a look at the few things we will be discussing in this post:
- What is affiliate marketing
- How to become affiliate marketer
- Types of affiliate programs
- Tools used in affiliate marketing
- Methods of promoting affiliate products
Those are the basic softcore discussions on this post. Before we go any further, did you know Jumia once paid a blogger 1 million naira for being the best affiliate of the year? Now you see there’s no limit to what you can achieve with affiliate marketing.
If you work hard and do the right thing, your account will always be popping.
What is affiliate marketing?
Affiliate marketing can be defined in three simple steps:
- You find a product
- Promote and make sales
- Get paid for promoting
That’s just the scope of affiliate marketing. There are many people who want their goods and services to be sold to as many people as possible. So they hire affiliate marketers to help them and in return, they pay them a little percentage, known as commission, for their good work.
Most of these people ate usually online stores, big companies and agents. They can’t get sales from just sitting in their work places and they need to reach a lot of people at once so they just get random or experienced people (it depends on their requirements).
These people are given a special link which contains their unique id and tracks each sale they make. If they are able to complete a sale, they will be recorded and paid when they reach the cash out.
You see that affiliate marketing I’d not rocket science. It is just plain and straight to the point.
How to become an affiliate marketer
This is just a very easy task. It’s not until you find your national ID card, driver’s license or permanent voter’s card before you can become an affiliate marketer. Although some may ask for it, many companies don’t.
All you basically need ate your email, phone or laptop, social media account and back account.
Download My Dirty Little Bitcoin Secrets ebook
Once you have those at your disposal, you can now proceed to finding affiliate programs you can join. There are so many affiliate programs available for you to join and they all pay handsomely.
Which brings us to the next discussion
Types of affiliate programs
There are so many types of affiliate programs for you by on join. While some pay for promoting goods, others may pay for products. The cycle just keeps goin on and on. For example, an affiliate of udemy is paid for promoting courses, Jumia pays for promoting goods, etc. Let us see the three most popular types of affiliate programs available today:
1. Goods promoting affiliate programs: Like the name implies, they pay for each good you successfully sell. They are usually online stores and they have a special website for their affiliates to track their earnings. Examples of these are Jumia affiliate, konga, amazon etc. Each of them have their own special affiliate Link you can sign up through and get all the tools needed for efficient work. Real estate agencies which is the most profitable affiliate program, falls under this category. Since you will be selling houses and estates so we can classify them as goods.
2. Services printing affiliate programs: Some affiliate programs also pay you for promoting their services. The services can be tutorials, den development, software development, app building, web hosting and domain, installations etc. These ones pay when you get someone to contact them for their services. When the service is successful, you get you commission. Commissions may differ in affiliate marketing. The commission Mr A s willing to pay might not be what Mr B will pay you but you have to find the right one that suits you well. Examples are qservers, whogohost, link management etc.
3. Course promoting affiliate programs: They offer tutorial classes and pay for everyone you bring to sign up with them. This is also very profitable because people are always on the worst or new knowledge and tend to get it even if they have to pay. Some them don’t even offer courses, they sell ebooks and you can buy from them or promote the eBook.
An example is udemy. This is one of the largest affiliate programs in the entire universe. They pay as much as 80% for any book you sell. Another notable one is digital marketing skills which is a Nigerian digital tutorial class that also pays well.
How make money from affiliate marketing
Now, we’ve gotten the most interesting part of the post. The part you’ve been waiting for. To make money from affiliate marketing requires much work but not so much as starting and managing a blog.
All you have to do is follow the steps below and the rest is secured:
1. Find a good affiliate program
2. Sign up with your full correct details
3. Copy your unique link and shorten it using bitly or goo.by.
4. Start advertising through social media, blogs and email. Once you put every important thing in place, there’s nothing to worry about.
That’s the basic guide to affiliate marketing. Always find look for more knowledge and use Google.